Working with our couples to put together the prefect timeline that fits both their needs as well as their budget is an important part of our job as destination wedding photographers. Knowing what is most important to you, and what is possible with the time allotted can seem complicated. Luckily we’ve photographed many, Many, MANY weddings throughout the Caribbean and Canada over the past 7+ years and with that experience comes a certain wisdom when it comes to time.
If you haven’t already, we highly recommend all couples take a moment to read our blog post about putting together the perfect timeline.
Remember, the most important thing to consider when planning your day is what time sunset will be. For ease, let’s assume sunset will be at 6:30pm.
- 2:30pm – Photographers arrive
- If you’re wanting photos of details (dress, shoes, rings, etc) as well as getting ready photos we need to start at least 2 hours before the ceremony.
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm – Getting ready & photos of details
- 3:30pm – 4:15pm – Getting into the dress & bridal portraits
- 4:15pm – 4:30pm – Final touch-ups & transport to ceremony
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm – Ceremony
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm – Family & wedding party photos
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm – Newlyweds Photos (finish up with an EPIC sunset photo)
- 6:30pm – Reception Begins
- Grand entrance, dinner, speeches, first dances, cake cutting, etc)
- 8:30pm – Photographers leave
This 6 hour schedule accommodates for a little bit of everything and still allows for you to shift time up or down depending on what’s important to you.
An example would be if you’re dead-set on a first look, you’ll need extra time before the ceremony and you can cut a little off the end of the day (or add an hour of coverage)
Inquire with us today and we’re happy to assist you with putting together the perfect wedding schedule.